WHAT YOU’LL DO
BCG U is a new world-class solution, combining product and services to deliver high richness, high reach learning and equip organizations with future-critical skills and capabilities to enable transformations. BCG U is ready to evolve into a complementary business offering and business unit working closely with our moonshot topics, PA and client service teams
As the Global Business Operations Director – BCG U, you will work with the BCG U Chair, senior leaders and a cross functional team to scale the business, establish partnerships, develop operating models and create and deliver products to enable clients to upskill and meet critical capabilities needs. The Global Business Operations Director will serve as “COO” and be a key member of leadership team, driving strategic direction, representing the business and helping to solve core commercial and operational challenges
Your main areas of focus will include:
- Help launch BCG U as a new business unit with focus on getting to minimum scale, partnering with key stakeholders and getting critical content into market
- Set strategic agenda, priorities, operating model blueprint for critical offering working closely with topic leads
- Play connective role with topics, digital stakeholders and functions to problem solve and quickly get to solutions
- Align on urgent priorities and triage to make progress on key areas (hiring, content and platform development)
- Ensure rapid hiring and effective onboarding of experts and on call resources
- Mobilize go to market network of MDPs and experts to get commercial traction; gather feedback on successes and where offering needs to evolve
Commercial Strategy and Performance
- Team with leadership to define and drive product development and ensure offerings remain relevant and aligned with market needs
- Play critical role in prioritizing investments and focus areas, including campaigns, MDP incentives, lateral hires, and internal IP development
- Liaise with key PA programs and business builds, including AI and Climate & Sustainability offers/teams within the sectors
- Track commercial and financial progress – ensure pricing targets are met and appropriate revenue recognition is realized
- Identify and help manage key risks and opportunities and understand key commercial trends
- Build and manage business operations including hiring, people management and development processes,
- Take lead role working with functions particularly HR, Finance, Legal and Procurement; ensure productive working models and build internal capabilities as needed to ensure success
- Manage P&L, looking at tradeoffs and potential efficiencies while ensuring topline growth
- Develop BCG U team culture; ensure inclusion at key BCG wide digital forums, build connections across topics and geographies and ensure team alignment on strategy
- Create workforce strategies and programs to support expert talent and ensure strong pool of easily accessed non-employee coaches and trainers
- Provide operational reporting and analytics, work with relevant leads to ensure resources are meeting needs
- Drive ongoing and annual strategic planning and budgeting processes
- Oversee the development of internal and external communications, support marketing and branding efforts
- Lead other critical strategic programs and initiatives as needed
The profile of this position calls for a senior, results-oriented individual with strong commercial acumen, experience driving change (in a professional services environment preferred), and building new products within BCG construct.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making- able to independently resolve issues/problems using critical thinking, analysis and data
- Strategic innovation – able surface alternative ways of conducting business, bring fresh ideas, and coalescence conflicting pov into practical solution
- Teaming effectively with people—excellent communication skills and knows how to manage stakeholders across all levels of the organization. You build strong relationships and you’re a collaborative and strong cross-functional team player, capable of partnering across geographies and practices.
- Managing complexity, across range of issues—able to multitask, prioritize and manage multiple projects with realistic but aggressive deadlines and commitments. You have strong attention to detail and have excellent time management skills.
- Delivering high quality impact and results
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
Minimum of 15+ years of applicable experience building leading complex programs and teams, with experience evolving models, facilitating change and driving to outcomes
Solid understanding of digital products. learning offerings and relevant ecosystems
Experience at BCG or other professional services firm in a client service and business role
Respected and trusted leadership with proven track record of achievement, and reputation as a leader of change
Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization
Experience managing rapidly growing teams and senior stakeholders, and an orientation towards achieving results.
YOU’LL WORK WITH
Our business management and operations team members work to ensure that BCG is running smoothly, efficiently, and productively. We are made up of executive and administrative (or case team) assistants, visual service artists, receptionists, facilities staff, and the team leaders and office coordinators who manage these operations and business management jobs.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.