Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Serves as Chief Executive Officer of the Yucca Council and gives direction to the operations and administration of the council, subject to the authority and direction of the executive board. Is responsible for strategic planning, council and Boy Scouts of America objectives, fiscal stability, membership and growth management, and for volunteer and community relationships for the Scouting program and unit service within the council.
The council is geographically well suited for Scouting. Both El Paso and Las Cruces are situated on the slopes of the Franklin Mountains. Several national parks and national monuments are either in the council boundaries or are close by. The council is reasonably close to the Philmont High Adventure base. The council has a long-term lease on a camp in the mountainous region near Cloudcroft, New Mexico, and just executed a long-term lease for an urban camp in El Paso that borders the Rio Grande river.
Resumes and Cover Letter are due September 7, 2022.
- Membership: Establishes an action plan that results in balanced growth so all qualified youth may participate. Build relationships by selling Scouting’s program opportunities to community leaders, organizations and businesses.
- Personnel: Recruits and trains a full complement of volunteers and staff to fulfill the council’s objectives.
- Finance: Develops, in cooperation with the finance committee, a budget based on the council’s resources.
- Program: Directs Scouting programs in the council including public relations, training, activities, camping, etc.
- Administration: Provides general direction to the work of the council to ensure an efficient council operation.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Skilled and experienced in serving multi-cultural market
- Has a history of successful and innovative fund raising (special events and product sales).
- Skilled and experienced in all phases of membership growth management.
- Has experience and knowledge in team building
Scout Executive Desired Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Cultivating Networks: Initiating and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders and potential partners inside and outside the organization.
- Building Organizational Talent: Establishing systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals; creating a work environment where people can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet current and future business challenges.
- Selling the Vision (Energizing the Organization) – Motivating increased employee effort by communicating a compelling view of the organization’s purpose and its future state in a way that helps others understand the importance of their contributions and feel how outcome will be different when progress is achieved.
- Authenticity: Gaining other people’s trust by demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines. Willing to work with the current President and the board in all matter.
- Executive Presence: Demonstrating a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect.
- Strategy Development and Execution – Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
All BSA Councils are equal opportunity employers. Benefits include:
- Major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and BSA holiday observances.
- Household Moving with two estimates.
- Relocation Allowance of 5% of salary
- Personal Auto – $200 flat Reimbursement plus $0.20 per business mile.
- Interim Housing Negotiable.
- Relocate family within 180 days.
- Thrift Plan: Yes (50% match up to 6%)