The Chief Operating Officer (COO) for Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is responsible for leadership in a high-impact, equity-oriented organization and ensuring the alignment of the mission and program operations in a high-cost housing market. The COO is charged with the development, execution, and evaluation of Habitat’s program operations, including Real Estate Development, Construction, Homebuyer and Mortgage Services, Community Land Trust, and ReStores. This role reports to the CEO and is a critical member of the organization’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Working in close and continuous collaboration with the CEO and SLT, the COO is responsible for driving the organizational goals, strategic and annual plans, and mission impact. The COO will lead a variety of interrelated business units to achieve the organization’s mission, create a financially sustainable model for long term operations, and build the organization’s capacity. Leading with the organization’s mission principles and culture code as the guide, the COO will supervise the team leaders for Real Estate Development, Construction, Homebuyer and Lending Programs, and the Restores.
Strategic and Organizational Leadership
* Provide effective, forward-thinking, and inspiring leadership across functional areas by being actively involved in all programs, developing broad and deep knowledge of core businesses, and nurturing a structure for empowered decision-making across teams.
* Build organizational and staff capacity, develop processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly and establish an environment that promotes teamwork across the diverse aspects of the organization’s functions.
* Successfully lead organizational change across functions and serve as a catalyst for innovation, transparency, and continuous improvement for the organization.
* Work with CEO and SLT to develop long-term strategic plan for organization; oversee implementation of department goals and financial management.
* Manage, develop, evaluate, and mentor staff; provide leadership and guidance in goal setting, problem solving, resource management and outcome achievement.
* Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities, plans and achievements to CEO and Board.
* In collaboration with senior leadership, ensure continued development, integration, and realization of the “Equity Strategic Roadmap” encompassing staff development, organizational infrastructure, culture, strategy, and community engagement.
* Responsible for all aspects of program operations including Homebuyer Services, Affordable Mortgage Solutions, Community Land Trust, Real Estate Development, Construction, and ReStores.
* Build capacity within the organization for increased housing production and mortgage originations, while maintaining a financially sustainable model.
* Execute fiscal year plan; hit production goals and budgets for housing programs and achieve revenue and net income goals for ReStores in a high-cost market.
* Coordinate activities to ensure transparency and collaboration between departments, appropriate communication, and efficient program delivery; anticipate future opportunities and market conditions.
* Assess and analyze risk associated with organizational strategies and growth opportunities.
* Identify and initiate opportunities to reduce expenses, create increased operational efficiencies and leverage assets/resources to increase the organization’s capacity for impact.
* Strengthen operational systems and processes to improve cross functional communication and decision making for current and future projects and growth strategies.
* Develop/refine, implement, and maintain a system for tracking and reporting on all aspects of operational processes and service programming.
* In collaboration with the SVP Finance and Administration ensure that accurate and consistent data collection and evaluation of programmatic efforts is a priority throughout the organization.
People and Cultural Leadership
* Enhance the organization’s culture by reinforcing cultural values and the “Equity Strategic Roadmap” and champion the utilization of volunteers throughout the organization’s programs.
* Work with SLT to build and foster a healthy, equitable, diverse, and inclusive culture.
* Lead, motivate and develop high performing teams across multiple programs and deepen cross functional understanding, communication, and workflow.
* Provide leadership and guidance in goal setting, problem solving, resource management and outcome achievement; work with teams to develop annual work plans and measurements for personnel accountability and program efficiencies.
* Provide real-time, constructive feedback on staff’s performance, encourage professional development, and identify career paths for team members.
* Identify ways to grow mission impact, monitor program activities for critical path processes and adapt to impacts of dynamic markets.
Professional Experience and Education:
* Minimum 10 years’ experience achieving results in a complex multi-service nonprofit, small/medium size private sector organizations including construction and real estate, mortgage lending and/or social services and community development.
* 10+ years’ experience leading motivated high performing individuals and teams in innovative, high-growth environments.
* Proven ability to balance leadership and management roles within a growing, dynamic organization; highly effective at change management.
* Ability to manage multiple projects across different business lines on time and within budget.
* Demonstrated commitment to achieving outcomes related to equity, diversity, and inclusion internally and externally to Habitat.
* Passionate about the mission and vision of Habitat as a highly respected leader in affordable home ownership and community building.
* Visionary and forward facing; culturally competent; passionate about cultivating a healthy and positive workplace culture.
* Strong business acumen and ability to drive results; embraces change and strives for continuous improvement, establishes goals, ensures readiness of the team, and translates goals into action.
* Able to do private sector work through a social impact and equity lens; acceptance of and ability to work with and effectively communicate with diverse populations.
* Effective and proactive team player; collaborative in nature; a networker with exceptional relationship-building and presentation skills.
* Transparent communicator; authentic listing skills; able to gain confidence and trust of others through honesty and accountability.
* Highly inclusive; demonstrates high emotional intelligence and leads by example.
* Makes decisions and solves problems independently and effectively.
The starting salary range for this position is: $145,000 – $180,000