Director, Application Security
The Director of Application Security will lead a cross-functional team that is responsible for ensuring all Unity’s products’ code are developed according to industry best practices and patterns. This includes defining the strategy, design, and standardization of the Security development requirements and processes to the engineering teams at Unity. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading these efforts for Unity across all business units.
The Director of Application Security reports to the Chief Security Officer.What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team of hard-working individuals who implement and manage the Security Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC), and conduct product code reviews. This includes the promotion of education and awareness of secure coding practices.
- Lead a team to deliver, collaborate on, and publish secure architectures, designs, and standards.
- Lead a security engineering/DevOps team to develop and maintain first and third-party security products supporting Unity product teams.
- Internal consulting services to support security & Privacy by design, including threat modeling and code development
- Consolidate and prioritize Security, Privacy, and Data Protection requirements and coordinate delivery with many software development teams
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading and developing teams focused in the areas of secure software design and architecture, Secure Development Lifecycle management, application security across multiple deployment targets (desktop, web, mobile, etc.), and cloud security.
- Demonstrated experience leading direct reports as part of a distributed team across time zones,, as well as teams within large cross functional projects
- Consistent record of being results oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve bold goals.
- Great communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and handle and resolve conflict.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise of building a consensus across business partners and technology leaders and influencing successful outcomes.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
You might also have
- Experience with building and leading red teams
- Technical experience with cryptography, game development, and the latest software development technologies.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
n the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.