Are you a curious changemaker who thrives in a fast-paced, global, and complex environment? Does the opportunity to make an impact excite you, and are you looking for a career where you grow and learn every day? At Volvo Group Purchasing we shape the world we want to live in, by leveraging our ecosystem of supply network partners to drive prosperity.
Innovation, sustainability, diversity, competitiveness, resiliency, new business models, and digitalization are all key drivers in how we select partners, partners that have the same value-based and people-centric view of the world as we do here at Volvo Group. Together, we deliver a high level of business value to our customers and the Volvo Group organization.
We are now looking for a candidate to join our dynamic and result-oriented team and take on the role as Director for Communications and Sustainability. In this position you will lead the regional communications and sustainability agenda for North America, while contributing to the global team deliverables and strategic direction. The position mirrors the organizational structure of the Volvo Group with Communications and Sustainability.
In your communications role, you translate regional business needs, plans and strategies into clear, inspiring, engaging, and result driving communications that add value. You create and execute on regional communication plan activities and events, both company internal to employees and stakeholders and external to supply partners and industry associations.
As lead for our sustainability initiatives, you will work across our three pillars of Climate, Resources and People to drive the strategy and execution of our sustainability agenda across the supply network in North America.
Main regional responsibilities include:
- Interpret and effectively communicate business decisions and strategies to ensure employee understanding and engagement
- Manage the development and implementation of the communications calendar across all channels to drive business needs and strategic objectives
- Develop content for blogs, brochures, video scripts, internal and external websites, presentation
- Provide project management for major communications efforts, such as business plan communications, town halls, info sessions, supplier events, core value communications and crisis communications, including communications coaching and advice
- Guide and steer the purchasing community to implement the sustainability transformation across the supply network for North America based on the Sustainability Strategy for Volvo Group Purchasing
- Initiate and drive prioritized Volvo Group Purchasing sustainability activities
- Together with the global sustainability team. establish processes and tools to secure a robust internal and external reporting and follow-up. Track, assess and visualize progress and present areas of improvements to the executive team and other key stakeholders
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership, supply partners and other for the company important stakeholders like NGO’s and industry associations
- Manage relationships with affiliated relations agencies as required.
In this role you will be an active member of the global Group Trucks Purchasing Communications & Sustainability Team, and the regional GTP Management Team.
Ideally you are an experienced professional with a proven strong track record within communications and sustainability, mastering both internal and external communications and the field of sustainability on Climate, Resources and People.
You have passion for communication, and a drive to constantly develop value adding communication tailored to your target groups supporting defined business needs. You have prior experience in taking sustainability strategies into implementation, preferably in a global context with many stakeholders.
In this role you will be a true connector and therefore you have the ability to form trustful and cross-functional relationships both within and outside of Volvo Group.
You make things happen and swiftly move between strategic and more hands-on operational work. You are a key contributor in the contexts in which you operate.
This role will be a perfect opportunity for you to further develop your competence and gain experience.
Required competencies for the position
You have a strong communications mindset and drive, a can-do and hands-on attitude. You have experience from driving communication projects and events successfully as well as hands on experience within the sustainability field:
- University degree in a field related to Communications and/ or Sustainable business
- Experience within communications including social media
- Experience from working at executive level
- Sustainability competence in taking strategic plans into solid execution
- Advanced written and oral communications skills in English
- Experienced user of MS Office programs
- Able to executive in a global organization
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 – 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Purchasing
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify