Director of Engineering
Rokoko’s offering unlocks the talent of millions of emerging creators that need fast, easy, and affordable animation tools.
Our tools are designed for independent creators whilst being adopted by some of the world’s largest animation studios, like Netflix, Sony, or Disney.
From the heart of Copenhagen, where it began, to our colleagues back in Athens and all the way across the USA, we all echo Rokoko’s calling – to empower the storytellers of tomorrow.
None of this would be possible without the humans behind Rokoko.
Creative, driven, and passionate about what we do, every day we stand by our mission and we’re looking for talented teammates that can join us to build creative tools within art, entertainment, film, research, education, or health.
We collaborate with top-tier game, film, AR/VR, and VFX producers as well as thousands of creators that make unique content.
Dare to join us too, we’d love to have you.
🔥What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team across various engineering fields with a primary focus on software and our SAAS products.
- Lead a healthy, collaborative, and productive engineering team in line with our values.
- Lead and support the dedicated engineers who architect, develop, and operate our hardware and software products.
- Grow people and the team through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, process, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Grow the technical expertise of your team through technical leadership and advocating for sound software engineering practices.
- Work closely with our design and products departments, being accountable for choosing and developing the right technology to deliver on the product strategy and vision. You will be part of defining the technical capabilities required to achieve the product strategy.
- Be responsible for our engineering department’s tech architecture and overall technical decisions, making the appropriate trade-offs between quality, scalability, performance, and cost aligned with the team’s tech strategy.
- Be a key part in developing our technical visions and strategies.
🕵️ What you need to succeed in this role
- You love to see things grow, and you thrive in navigating dynamic processes – you embrace challenges and celebrate wins as well as failures.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in leading and coaching individuals and teams within engineering.
- Proven experience leading the organizational and leadership challenges that come with scaling an engineering team in the scale-up phase.
- Proven experience with applying agile software development practices to create high-performing teams.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about software development and tech stacks with an M.Sc. or B.Sc. in a relevant engineering field.
❤️ Rokoko perks and benefits
- Work with an international team of 70+ talented individuals and a rare opportunity to work with professional motion capture/or other ESP.
- Fantastic office location, catered lunch scheme, healthy snacks and beverages, and #coffee breaks.
- 25 days of paid holiday(annual) and 5 optional(unpaid)
- Optional healthcare insurance and pension scheme
- Work-life balance – we want you to win both at work and in life
- Quarterly education fund program
- Company fun runs – we love sporty outdoors activities from casual runs to marathons
- Regular social gatherings, both physically and digitally
- A quite unique opportunity to join Rokoko at the most exciting scale-up phase. We offer a steep learning curve and an ambitious work environment.
✨ Why you would love working with Rokoko
2021 was an unprecedented year for us at Rokoko.
We’ve grown across teams and have welcomed 50+ talented people among our teams.
We’ve launched a new generation of the industry’s favorite mocap suit, the Smartsuit Pro II.
We’ve seen first-hand our mission to make motion capture widely accessible demonstrated in the many works of our talented community, using our tools as a vessel to push boundaries of digital artistry.
Let’s make 2022 even greater, together.