Senior Director, AI Technologies, Technology and Society
- PhD degree or equivalent practical experience
- 15 years of experience in AI research, engineering, or product management
- 15 years of experience managing technical projects in software and/or hardware engineering
- 5 years of experience leading and growing teams within technical program management or equivalent roles
- Experience in AI/ML research and technical development as well as societal issues related to AI (e.g., responsible AI)
- Experience leading teams of technical researchers, working collaboratively and cross-functionally with researchers from diverse domains, with the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Ability to conduct and engage with technical research
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Ability to make decisions and understand the risks, trade-offs, and rewards that accompany those decisions
About the job
In this role, you will form close partnerships with AI leadership across Google and Alphabet to co-develop and shape technical research and development in the most forward looking and future-oriented technology investment areas, with a particular focus on integrating societal considerations into that work – especially how to maximize beneficial impacts for users and society, while taking a responsible approach to AI. You will also work closely with other leads in the Technology and Society team to support workstreams focused on developing thought leadership and strategic narratives, engaging with external AI stakeholders, and facilitating company-wide initiatives.
- Shape AI and other future-forward tech research, investments, initiatives, and overall strategy in collaboration with Research and Development-focused Product Areas/teams.
- Work closely with peer executive leaders focused on AI-related issues on researching, prototyping, framing strategy, and Google approaches to maximize AI’s impact on users and society and ensure sufficient focus on potential downsides.
- Engage in thought leadership within the AI research ecosystem to demonstrate Google’s commitment to Tech and Society work and enable Google’s product and business goals.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.