Full Job Description
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Sustainability & Resilience Technical Director
Join us and support our core value!
Parsons is now hiring an experienced director for our Sustainability & Resilience Team with a desire to manage a small but mighty group of sustainability professionals, who are guiding ground-breaking sustainable and resilient infrastructure projects to support our core values and change the fabric of the communities in which we live and work.
Capable of managing and coordinating with multidisciplinary teams to assess impacts of projects on the natural and built environment, you will lead teams through the development and application of sustainability and resilience strategies to complex and rewarding infrastructure projects as well as guiding the enhancement or development of enterprise-wide sustainability and resilience policies, process, and technical resources. Responsibilities include development and oversight of project-oriented sustainability planning, design and construction documentation, management of staff, project and corporate budgets, educational resource development. Demonstrated experience with the preparation of third-party sustainability certification applications and guiding design, construction, and client teams through the process is essential.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, versatile, enthusiastic, and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. As a technical leader working with interdisciplinary teams and as a liaison with corporate leadership and clients, the role requires clear and effective communication skills, creative thinking, excelling time management, a spirit of proactive collaboration, and an investment in the education and professional development across the corporation.
This job can be done 100% remote from home, if desired, with travel as needed to support project delivery and other responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in architecture, engineering, environmental science, planning (or related field). Advanced degree in sustainability, resilience, or similar preferred.
- Seasoned professional with at least 10 years of experience related to project oriented sustainability and resilience services delivery + at least 5 years of team/program leadership and technical practice development (or equivalent) .
- At least one sustainability and/or resilience professional credential (e.g. ENV SP, LEED AP: BD+C). Professional Engineer (PE) license, or similar, preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership in the development of a robust corporate sustainability technical practice, including but not limited to the creation or enhancement of enterprise-wide objectives, policies, and strategies and commitment to mentoring aspiring sustainability professionals and other colleagues to help them learn and grow.
- Up-to-date knowledge of market trends in sustainability actions and funding, developments in sustainability frameworks, policies, and practices for civil infrastructure and buildings, and associated metrics, targets, and reporting
- Proficiency in at least two third-party certification frameworks planning, administration, and documentation (LEED/USGBC, Envision/ISI etc.), as applied to vertical and horizontal infrastructure, including experience as the “project team administrator” (or equivalent liaison with the certifying body) for several completed, certified, projects.
- Experience performing climate resilience related analyses and plans (e.g., GHG emissions inventories, sea level rise evaluations, risk and vulnerability assessments, climate resilience/mitigation plans)
- Knowledge and experience applying US Federal Government requirements related to sustainability and resilience, including funding mechanisms.
- Advanced understanding of alternate project delivery (APD) methods for large civil infrastructure projects.
- Experience developing and managing staff and project schedules and budgets.
- Business development experience including the evaluation of new market opportunities, and the development of scopes of work, schedules, and fee estimates
- Proven collaboration techniques across departments in a matrixed organization and effective strategies for employee engagement in support of a corporate culture of sustainability.
Parsons (NYSE: PSN) is a leading technology firm driving the future of critical infrastructure, defense, and intelligence. By combining unique technologies with deep domain expertise across connected infrastructure, smart cities, cybersecurity, missile defense, and space, we’re providing tomorrow’s solutions today.
With a history of disruption beginning in 1944, we apply our distinct perspective to help our customers confront the issues of tomorrow in every domain—land, sea, air, space, and cyber. Our range of capabilities and our global network of resources lets us layer and integrate solutions to respond to any challenge with unmatched agility. In a time of rapid change, we see infinite sources of inspiration to fuel our creativity and enable the innovation necessary to accomplish our quest of delivering a better world.
For more about Parsons, visit us at parsons.com and follow our quest on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter , and LinkedIn .
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
This position pays a minimum annual salary of $130,100.00 and a maximum annual salary of $234,200.00.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!